The Controller is responsible for the management and execution of all finance activities associated with running the business unit, including planning, budgeting, forecasting, reporting, and negotiations with external counterparties. The Controller will also manage, review, and oversee the staff in the department.
- Supervise Accounting Staff
- Interview and train new staff in the department
- Cross train new staff in the company
- Ensure department has adequate coverage
- Allocate tasks and assignments to subordinates and monitor their performance
- Coach, mentor, and discipline staff in the department
- Conduct performance evaluations that are timely and constructive
- Oversees the daily work activities of the department
- Monitor incoming wires and distribute to staff as needed
- Supervise Payment Processing Management
- Keep Executive Management up to date on all department activity
- Establishes financial status by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying, and reporting financial information, and managing accounting staff.
- Accomplishes accounting human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves accounting operational objectives by contributing accounting information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; and implementing change.
- Meets accounting financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Confirms financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses; coordinating the collection, consolidation, and evaluation of financial data; and preparing special reports.
- Maintains accounting controls by establishing a chart of accounts and defining accounting policies and procedures.
- Guides other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy and applying observations and recommendations to operational issues.
- Maintains financial security by establishing internal controls.
- Avoids legal challenges by understanding current and proposed legislation, enforcing accounting regulations, and recommending new procedures.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Excellent Management and Supervisory skills
- Knowledge of GAAP and Process Development
- Ability to simplify and present financial information in written or oral form to non-financial managers
- Strong Mathematical/Accounting Aptitude
- Precise/Attention to Details
- Good Oral & Written Communication Skills
- Ability to Multi-task/Prioritize/Delegate
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong Knowledge in Accounting Software, MS Excel
- Maintains Confidentiality
- Highly principled
- Self-Directed and Results Oriented
- Ability to function well in a high-paced work environment
Education and Experience:
- BS/BA degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA/Masters in Accounting a plus
- Certified Public Accountant designation a plus
- 4-6 years of Progressive Accounting Experience
- Knowledge and understanding of financial and leasing terminology
Please apply online at: https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=FFBUSA&cws=42&rid=828
* The above is a brief outline and is not intended to fully describe all the responsibilities and details of this position. PFS reserves the right to alter this job description at any time, as it deems necessary.